Commercial roof repairs cost Colorado real estate owners millions of dollars each year.
It's not rocket surgery. - A commercial roof is there to keep water out of the building below it. But it is rare that a roof's service life equals the service life of the rest of the building. - So, when do roof leaks become intolerable? Is leak tolerance the best or most cost-effective reason to make a capital investment?
Here are 5 ways your commercial roof leaks are hurting your bottom line:
- Interior Damage - Roof leaks that damage ceiling tiles, carpet, furniture, and computers are common, but damage can be much more severe and much more discrete. We had a client that had to cancel weddings and business events to replace a floor, at a cost of $250,000. - Prior to our involvement ;-)
- Operations Downtime - A roof leak for one building owner shut down operations for just one day and it cost the company an estimated $700,000 in revenue.
- Damaged Products - A retail store recently lost more than $40,000 worth of products due to one roof leak.
- Lost Business - Reoccurring roof leaks just flat-out make your building unappealing and can drive away both clients and tenants.
- Material & Labor - The costs of paying someone to hop onto the roof every time leaks present themselves , year in and year out, adds up.
Projecting a commercial roof's service life, future maintenance and repair costs, and costs resulting from leak damage, downtime, and lost business requires an educated guess, at best. But in the words of Big Tom Callahan: "You can get a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking your head up a bull's ass but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?"
An honest, professional and experienced commercial roofing contractor has the ability to cost-justify a roofing project and provide sound solutions by analyzing accurate information and understanding every option.
Since 2015, Titan Applicators has been providing real estate executives with the most cost-effective solutions to their roofing problems. Our goal is to educate building owners, so they not only know the status of their roof but also provide them solutions which best protect their bottom line. - We want to earn your business today & tomorrow.